Preparing for the Semi-Finals


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shandong » Qingdao
July 26th 2011
Published: July 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we rehearsed for our closing ceremonies. We learned how to sing the concluding song with the accompaniment of an accordion.
When I arrived in class, I noticed a dozen talented female vocalists seated in the room. I soon learned that they were to be our teachers for the morning. They helped us to improve our tone and to add motions into our repertoire. They also added their amazing voices into the melody, creating a soul-stirring sensation.
Afterwards, I stayed behind to recite a poem with my two teammates. The background music had just been selected, so we practiced with it. Our clear voices echoed through the halls, attracting the attention of passersby.
At the end of the day, my throat was slightly sore, but I went to bed proud that I knew what to do for the show.

By Allan Song


Lectures, recitals and reviews. Our day was spent mainly by busying ourselves with these activities, as all were occupied with preparations for the next day; there was little time to be spent on leisurely pursuits. Some had tests, some had performances; some both, but few none. There was always something to do, something forgotten or some thing left undone.
The day opened with the average morning schedule and a scrumptious breakfast feast, after which we were hustled off to attend a lecture upon the Sceneric Heritage of China (literally the Mountain-Water Culture of China). It covered the obvious and underlying implications of the topics of mountains and water in Chinese cultural relics.
Following that was a lunch break, after which we returned to the classroom to rehearse a song which we were to perform the next day. The rehearsal was time consuming; taking over an hour in length, but there was a significant and worthwhile improvement in the quality.
After that, those who were to recite poems remained to practice, but the rest were return to their rooms for independent activities. I left with my family for dinner, and returned just in time for another rehearsal. There remained little of the day left, and I fell asleep satisfied yet anxious about tomorrow.

-Jack Zhou




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb