Xian - Westen Peace


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shaanxi » Xi'an
April 20th 2008
Published: April 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived here on 7th April by over night train. The weather was really hot, so i hit the shops to buy some vest tops, Stu loved it!

We hired bikes to cycle around the Ancient City walls of around 14kms, Stu and i hired a tamdam, it was great fun, Stu was up front, which was good for me because i could take in the scenery and take photos but of course i will still pedaling

The next day the weather was terrible didnt stop raining most of the day. We caught a local bus to the Terracotta Warriors, some boring info for you now..... these were discovered by a local farmer in 1974 but now is open to the public, the warriors were from 259-210BC, Emperor Qin Shi Huangdi. There were 3 locations(pits), the first was the biggest and most impressive, there was hundreds of the warriors and most still standing but the other 2 pits were disappointing, as most of the area was still be uncovered, and really we would of thought after 34 years it should all be done by now ha ha!

That evening went for some yummy Dum Sum then hit the bar street, reminded me of Benidorm, we met up with some of the lads from the other trip in Russia. We all got quite drunk, i had some strange Whiskey drink with a local, naughty really but it was actually quite nice, until the morning after!

Xian has a Muslim Quarter, which was great fun, just to walk around and people watch, Stu had his picture (well the local didnt know) and he had the biggest glasses we had ever seen, bless him! - pic to follow! Goats head for lunch anyone? We did some bargaining on the market, Stu's getting good now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Loo on the trainLoo on the train
Loo on the train

good for your tigh musles
Hotel No 9Hotel No 9
Hotel No 9

Good job we have nothing to hide
Nice pantsNice pants
Nice pants

back street, near the Muslim quarter
Nice GlassesNice Glasses
Nice Glasses

a local with the biggest glasses we had seen


21st April 2008

Hi
Can't believe that I am the only one to comment on your blog. Shows no one really loves you! I am so jealous it sounds like such great fun and you are obviously lucky to meet a load of great people. Glyn and Les found the Chinese people very hard to get their head around,they were stared at and never got a smile out of them. They said it got better as they went south (the north is Mandarin the south Cantonese) and when they went into Vietnam suddenly everyone was smiling again. I would love to go there but the weather isnt good when I travel in our winter. Cant wait to see all the photos. We meet up when you are in NZ I think next Jan/Feb, aren't we very cosmopolitan. Continue to enjoy. Love.

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 23; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb