Nanchang


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangxi » Nanchang
December 8th 2005
Published: December 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

I love this city! Nanchang is so different from Beijing. In Beijing, international people were abundant. Nanchang is a city in the center of China, ringed on three sides by mountains and on the fourth by the massive Yangtze River. She is a city of 5 million people and so far the only non-Chinese I haves seen are adopting parents. In our hotel there are Canadians, French and Americans - all here to adopt Chinese baby girls. The trip to Wal-Mart on Tuesday for diapers and formula was quite an event. I loved the exhilaration and feel of the city - Sandy wasn’t too thrilled - and it was interesting to be looking over the heads of a 1,000 people. At 5’9 ½” I rarely look over the head of anyone but in China I find myself a mini giant! The food is great but a little (a lot) different. So far I have had raw octopus, sautéed octopus, hog hoof, rice, noodles, rice, noodles, rice and whole lot of meat simply called “beef”. I think “beef” is the name given to all meat about which we would rather not know the truth.

Now to the subject we really want to know about! Abby is AWESOME!!!! Sometime she sleeps but rarely at night! Even then she is beautiful. She can play clap the hands, giggle, investigate daddy’s ears, teeth, and hairy arms. She knows that Mommy’s earrings are not meant for pulling but can elicit quite a reaction. Abby loves to play with anything, can drink from a cup, bounce and has 7 teeth PLUS the two eye teeth that were pushing their way through all night last night.

In the back ground right now I hear “Hark The Herald Angels Sings” even though I haven’t seen a church yet. Beijing was a city of 10 million (I think) and only has 5 “official” Chinese churches. I wander about Nanchang. O Lord, bring your joy and hope to these beautiful people - created by you and bearers of your image - that they would soar to new heights as they see your glory! Shine on this city Jesus.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



8th December 2005

Overwhelmed!
Sandy, Harrison, Rebecca, and Sarah, We are SO overjoyed at this wonderful gift from the Lord!! She is absolutely beautiful. SOOOOO cute and looks so very happy to be with her family..... We just can't wait to meet her. Bring her home and share the joy - o.k.? We are praying for you and rejoicing with you! Mary Ann N.
8th December 2005

Dad, that picture of you and Abby looks like some of my baby pictures! She has the most BEAUTIFUL smile!
9th December 2005

Wow!
those pictures are amazing! we can't wait to see her!!!! we love you guys!

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb