from mama to sons


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangxi » Nanchang
December 7th 2005
Published: December 7th 2005
Edit Blog Post

OURS!OURS!OURS!

Adopted!
Hi Jonathan and Nathan (and friends),
It’s Mama. Yesterday was quite a day! We went to a government office where Abby’s adoption became official! We then went to Wal Mart. What an adventure. It was more crowded than anything I have ever experienced. People were shoulder to shoulder, bumping into each other. They were mostly Chinese, of course, and were very interested in these Americans with a Chinese baby. Many would stop and stare at us. Several times there would be a crowd of people standing around us and staring.

Abby was very, very fussy. She was unhappy most of the afternoon. I think the crowd bothered her and she was hungry. She has cried quite a bit since we got her. At first I think she was sad about leaving the people / family she knew. She would quiet down, playing with a toy in my hands, then look up at my face and cry again. That was very sad. Then she started looking at my face, trying to figure out who I was. Now she looks at my face and smiles. She seems to recognize me and says Mama. Does she know what that means or is it
OURS!OURS!OURS!

Adopted!
just baby talk? I don’t know but I like to think she’s calling me. And she loves Daddy. She loves his deep voice.

Until today she wasn’t very interested in her sisters. But this morning she was very happy to see them both. Also today, we finally figured out her bottle nipple was too small and she wasn’t getting enough milk, quickly enough. She was never really full which also added to her discomfort. So this morning Daddy made the hole bigger with a fork. It made a huge difference. She guzzled 8 oz. in about 5 minutes and was very happy about it. Now she’s taking a long nap. She didn’t nap much yesterday either.

I think we’re getting the hang of this. And she’s getting comfortable and bonding with us. We’re in love. You will be too! Bekah said this morning that she had no idea she’d be this cute! When she smiles, her whole face lights up and she shows a dimple in her chubby cheek. She’s very brown. And her cheeks get very red when she cries. But I think now that she’ll be getting more food she won’t cry as much.

She also talks a lot - baby babble. She has a sweet little voice. Most of the other babies seem a lot quieter than Abby. So she’ll fit in our family just fine! Tee hee! She also has a sweet tooth. She loves to eat fruit and cake. Banana bread is one of her favorites. The hotel has a buffet and we pick a few different things to feed her. She got really excited after a taste of chocolate mousse, but I decided not to do that again! Daddy ate a little octopus (raw)! And the shrimp still have their eyes, (eek), but most of the food is good. One night we ate something yummy at a special restaurant and found out the next day it was meat from between a ram’s hoof! I’m glad I didn’t know that until after I ate it! Ha!

Today we’ll play in the hotel. They have a room just for babies with slides and a ball pit. There is also a lake next to the hotel that is pretty. It’s been very cold but we might try to walk outside today. It has only been 2 days since we got her, but it’s clear this is God’s plan and special gift for us.
Much love,
Mama


Advertisement



7th December 2005

Yesterday we celebrated God's goodness
We are following along with your journey with hearts full of understanding and excitement. Yesterday was our one year GOTCHA DAY anniversary so it has been a teary trip down memory lane as we read your posts. God is good beyond scope! He puts the lonely in families and gathers His own from the east and the west. Praise to Him.
7th December 2005

food
did daddy like the octopus and i bet sarah and bekah tried to stop him. and did you eat the heads and eyes on the shrimp i bet sarah and bekah almost threw up when they found out what they had been eating my three sisters are so pretty
7th December 2005

Sweet baby girl!
What a beautiful little girl God has blessed and entrusted you (and all of us as a Covenant community) with! We know you are filled with joy and we rejoice with you. We look forward to meeting Abby. Sandy, your letter to Nathan and Jonathan was very sweet. Thanks for the updates and photos. Can't wait to see you all! PS Amy hosted about a dozen women from GCC for the cookie exchange last night (Tues). One thought was that cookies would be exchanged and that none would actually be eaten last night during the party. I tell you what--there sure is a big difference between how women throw a party and how men throw a party! Alas, a few cookies were consumed after all.
8th December 2005

she's so pretty!
WOW! I can't see what I'm writing because of these tears of joy! We're so happy for you guys and Abby! Can't wait to see her! She is so pretty! Just like a chinese doll! We love you guys! Timmermans

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb