Registration day


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangxi » Nanchang
February 13th 2012
Published: February 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Registration DayRegistration DayRegistration Day

Gift from the registration official. This picture doesn't do it justice since I was trying to hold it and snap as the same time. It's a holder for brushes, or in our case pens since we don't paint.
Today is/was the day we went to the Registration office to complete (I use that term loosely since ever time I think we're done with paperwork along comes something else) Qing Ling's adoption. We now have the official document that says she's our daughter! We had to have a picture taken with the 3 of us for this document. Jasmine wasn't really happen that she couldn't be in the picture but I tried to explain about how she had already done this and told her I would show her the document when we get back home.

This sure went a lot faster then it did when we came for Jasmine but there wasn't anywhere as many people there this time. Another plus, it wasn't hot this time, in fact first time no AC and it was in the 90's, this time no heat and it's in the 40's (not inside but it was cool).

We also started the process to get Qing's passport, which will be ready by the end of the week. That's sure a lot faster then it took to get Jasmine's U.S. Passport but we're paying a extra rush fee because of the time factor.

Up next, one more photo of Qinq, some kind of registration picture. It'll take longer to get there then it will to do this process.

One other thing that was part of the paperwork today, we had to pay for the announcement that will be published in the paper here about her adoption. I'd love to get a copy of that newspaper but I wouldn't be able to read it anyway.

I will have to say, if there was any question about the orphanages not taking care of the kids they just needed to see the Director from the orphanage Qing came from. I thought he was going to cry before today was over. You could tell he was going to miss her and cared a lot about her. When we first got to the office today he went over to her as soon as he saw her and was all smiles and such. I wouldn't have his job no matter what, couldn't take getting attached to these kids and then know I might not ever see them again after someone from another country adopted them. Couldn't do it!

She seems to be taking this well and told our representative that she was ok with staying with us when she asked her this morning. That makes you feel good, still I'm thinking she's going to be testing us to see if we're really serious about this or not. You know she's got to be wondering about all this.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb