Busy being boss...


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangxi » Nanchang
March 21st 2010
Published: March 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

"Lightly Sweet" Oreos"Lightly Sweet" Oreos"Lightly Sweet" Oreos

Chinese Oreos are less sweet than American ones to begin with, and I found a supposedly even less-sweet version. But I don't think it's any less sweet than the original ones in China- just kinda sugar-gritty.
couldn't resist the alliteration of the subject title, hehe. reality is i'm busy doing a lot of grunt work- printing, cleaning, and stuff like that. at least i'm not doing the cold calling for clients, hehe- the other boss does that! i think JQ hired someone today, but since this is china, who knows if they'll show up or how long they'll stay. i had a good impression of him, though.

the water cooler arrived yesterday and JQ decorated the walls with sketches and biographies, so now the office looks even more complete. skype sessions with rich are proving fruitful- we got him the info needed to start up the website. i'm feeling quite lucky to be part of a capable team! the weak link is me, i'm the one who needs to get in gear and do all the explanatory writing that needs to be on our site.

it's been consistently warm the last few days- 70's, 80's... really not looking forward to mosquitoes and flies in this city. or sunburn. ouch.

tried areca nut for the first time 2 days ago. very interesting. kind of like what i'd imagine chewing tobacco to be like. well, maybe
Ba Yi BridgeBa Yi BridgeBa Yi Bridge

One of my favorite photo subjects. The cat waits to pounce on passing cars. Or so it appears.
not quite like that. but wikipedia says that they often mix areca nut with tobacco.

learned that gummy candy translates to "eraser candy". my favorite is the one that looks like raspberries, 16 RMB per half kilo at rainbow.








Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

MeowMeow
Meow

The Ba Yi Bridge cat
The "guest reception" areaThe "guest reception" area
The "guest reception" area

JQ put up sketches and drafts.
Drafting tablesDrafting tables
Drafting tables

Yes, we're hiring...
Company logo/introductionCompany logo/introduction
Company logo/introduction

I can't read what it says, lol
JQ's sketchesJQ's sketches
JQ's sketches

We plan to have a teaset on the table, too.


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb