#87 Teaching at Taizhou Teachers College, China (Mandatory Freshmen Military Training ends on China's National Holiday.)


Advertisement
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Taizhou » Taizhou University
October 14th 2007
Published: October 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The National Holiday for China is October 1st. On this day in 1949, Chairman Mao declared the P.R.C. from the rostrum of Tian'anmen Gate in Beijing to throngs of proud and cheering Chinese citizens. Each year this National Holiday celebration continues in importance and significance, and the festivities now include the first seven days of every October. These 7 days in October are now known ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Ready to announce the parade.Ready to announce the parade.
Ready to announce the parade.

The reviewing stand is ready and the announcer makes sure the microphone is working.
Always there with a friendly smile.Always there with a friendly smile.
Always there with a friendly smile.

These four spectators are teachers from the Art Department of TTC.
Ready to take photos of the up-coming parade.Ready to take photos of the up-coming parade.
Ready to take photos of the up-coming parade.

A Technology Department teacher and an Art Department teacher are part of the camera crew.
Resting and waiting for the arrival of the school administration.Resting and waiting for the arrival of the school administration.
Resting and waiting for the arrival of the school administration.

The colors of the banners announce the various departments to which the units of freshmen belong.
Announcing that the parade is about to begin.Announcing that the parade is about to begin.
Announcing that the parade is about to begin.

This young freshmen stands proud, as he notes the festivities are about to start.
Hoisting the flag marks the opening of the ceremony.Hoisting the flag marks the opening of the ceremony.
Hoisting the flag marks the opening of the ceremony.

The Chinese National Anthem is played as the flag is hoisted by members of the PLA.
With the raising of the flag, the parade is about to begin.With the raising of the flag, the parade is about to begin.
With the raising of the flag, the parade is about to begin.

As the flag reaches the top of the pole, the many units of TTC freshmen are seen standing at attention in the back-ground of the field.
The gentleman standing in the middle is Mr. Xu.The gentleman standing in the middle is Mr. Xu.
The gentleman standing in the middle is Mr. Xu.

Standing on the parade-ground platform, TTC President, Mr. Xu, officially accept the respects of the freshmen as they prepare to march past him and school and city officials.
The first units approach the platform.The first units approach the platform.
The first units approach the platform.

All school officials stand, as the units parade past the reviewing-stand.
Last year we had rain during the ceremonies.Last year we had rain during the ceremonies.
Last year we had rain during the ceremonies.

This day was a good day for a parade.
The final productThe final product
The final product

Close-up of one unit of freshmen passing the platform.
A composite view A composite view
A composite view

This is the view toward the review-platform and the visitors to the left, as freshmen units pay their respects to the school officials. This parade marks the official entry of the freshmen into TTC.
Successful training?Successful training?
Successful training?

The straight lines passing in review show a marked improvement from their first days of training.
College students show their moves.College students show their moves.
College students show their moves.

The final moments of the ceremony begin with a demonstration of the martial arts, acquired during weeks of training.
Susie is enjoying the morning.Susie is enjoying the morning.
Susie is enjoying the morning.

Susie has been assigned to the foreign teachers. She provides help and solves the problems any of us might have. Here she keeps on eye on my activities.
Martial arts demonstration by PLA soldiers.Martial arts demonstration by PLA soldiers.
Martial arts demonstration by PLA soldiers.

If you look carefully, you can see the PLA soldiers drop in sequence in an exhibition of their skills and to the delight of on-lookers.
We were all delighted by their skills.We were all delighted by their skills.
We were all delighted by their skills.

The PLA soldiers continue to impress with their martial arts demonstration.
This is the unit of PLA soldiers, who trained our freshmen.This is the unit of PLA soldiers, who trained our freshmen.
This is the unit of PLA soldiers, who trained our freshmen.

They stand ready to leave our campus, as well as many sad, but now graduated trainees behind.
The "best" training-unit for 2007.The "best" training-unit for 2007.
The "best" training-unit for 2007.

This group was given the training unit award. They come from the music department. Here they are received and congratulated by the Music Department Chairperson.
He hopes you enjoyed this photo-report.He hopes you enjoyed this photo-report.
He hopes you enjoyed this photo-report.

Representing the PLA soldiers, responsible for training our freshmen at TTC, he wishes to say "hello" and "farewell" to my friends around the world. These young men were kind in letting me photograph this presentation, which at times caused some enthusiastic disruptions.



14th October 2007

An Unforgettable Experience to Every Freshman
It reminds me of my MFMT time in 2002. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Time flies always.
18th October 2007

perfect
I like your blog,although it is a litter hard for me to read it ,I think it can help me improve my English reading!
18th October 2007

reply
I like your blog,I can know something about your travel.Thank you very much!
9th November 2007

remember
I am occasionally see your blog .It recorded what you saw here .After i looked the picyures ,I cannot help to remember my first time to this school .It was very interesting .Do you have the photos last year during our training ?Could you send to me ,to my Email?Thank you !

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb