We end the year with a bang!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hubei » Wuhan
June 29th 2010
Published: July 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

And so another year ends...three nights, three parties!

Saturday night found us at a new restaurant down the street from the school for a year-end staff party. Along with the great food, we had the first Maple Leaf Teacher Award ceremony. Although with certificates for Least Punctual, Most Social, Most Elusive, Best Laugh, etc., you can see it wasn't the most serious awards ceremony around. We ended the evening with a couple of boxes of fireworks.

Sunday night, the grads organized a "prom' at the Fringe Bar. For an all-inclusive price, we got tons of food and beer. They invited the Grade 12 teachers to celebrate with them. A good time was had by all and we all decided the students looked a lot better in their finery then in the "turtle suit" school uniforms!

Monday night, a small group of us had our last KTV party for the year.

A large group are leaving this year and 18 new teachers will be arriving in August. Next year, there will only be one teacher along with myself who has been here from the first year of the school.

Yesterday, we arrived in Vancouver to a blistering
Award for Most ProfessionalAward for Most ProfessionalAward for Most Professional

One of the few serious awards
15 degree day. Today, the high is supposed to reach 17. And they call this summer? Next year we will definitely bring our winter jackets with us!






Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.1077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb