Lantern Festival


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hubei » Wuhan
February 28th 2010
Published: March 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sunday morning 28 February, we got up early, well 8am, to view the dragon dance for the Lantern Festival Day. We were told by the guys at Hubei University that the best display is conducted by the older retired university staff in the grounds of the Hubei University.

Its was absolutely awesome to watch the Dragon dancing and deafening with the amount of crackers and fireworks that were let off in each area that the dance was performed. For the entire day people well into their 60's as well as the younger generation danced around all the areas of the university.

The pictures don't show even a fraction of the spectacle that we were lucky to witness without even leaving the grounds of the campus.
We hope that you enjoy the pictures as much as we enjoyed the day.





Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



5th March 2010

Lantern Dance
Amazing....
13th March 2010

Good fun!
It all looks very exciting. I bet it was also very noisy. Don't ask me how I got into this blog but here goes. Hope this is getting to you. Tried the info you sent via email but still could not connect to blog. Today I have spoken with Janine on Skype and she sent me the email you forwarded to her inviting her to log in to your blog. You would think they could have thought of a better word than "blog". Here goes, I am about to click on "submit comment". See what happens. Love Mum.

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb