Time flies when you're having fun!!!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hubei » Wuhan
January 10th 2009
Published: January 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I'm SO sorry that I've neglected by blog, we've just been so insanely busy. I'll let you in on our last month... LOL.

As you all know we spent 4 days in Beijing over Christmas. It was a great holiday, we totally fell in love with Beijing. In fact, we decided to spend another week there - and we're leaving tonight! I will upload pictures when we get back, as we're visiting some of the same places to get better pictures. Then you can compare😊 We stayed at a hostel just a couple minutes walk away from Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. And we'll be staying at the same one this time around. It's a really nice place - clean, cheap, and close to everything.

We came back to Wuhan to work - only to find out that we didn't have to work. Gotta love "clear" communication hey? If we had known we didn't have anything to do, we would have stayed in Beijing longer. Of course, it worked out because now Chris will be able to accompany us to Beijing.

We changed apartments yesterday finally! It hardly cost anything - 60Y for the moving truck and driver, and 80Y for two men to carry everything we owned down from one apartment, and up 7 floors to our next one. Our new landlord offered to buy us a sofa, we're pretty excited about that! But man - were we ever COLD last night. As is typical in a normal Chinese apartment, the breakers are small, and they kept switching off with only two things - for example, one heater and the microwave, and the breaker would flip. We could see our breath in the house, we were freezing! That'll be something to get used to, that's for sure! But we like it here - it's quiet, no crazy lady next door, and a very soft mattress - I slept like a baby!

Chris arrived last Monday, it's been great having him around! He's already taught his first class with his co-teacher, with all the higher-ups watching. Poor guy, I don't envy him at all! They mentioned a couple things he could improve on, but he did really good overall, I was proud of him! He is loving China - we've taken him many places in Wuhan, and he's pretty calm about everything. He loved night market, and is super excited about our trip to Beijing.

That is about it for the last couple weeks - thanks for your patience! I promise to write more and put up pictures when we get back from Beijing, we'll have more time on our hands. Miss you all, Xin Nian Kuai Le (Happy New Year!).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.235s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1925s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb