南街村 - Nanjie Cun. The last Maoist Collective


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Henan » Zhengzhou
October 4th 2010
Published: November 30th -0001
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Nanjie Cun Maoist Collective 22 secs
Hi All,

Well the weather here at the minute is incredible mid 20s and none of that horrible humidity. It feels like spring not autumn.

So we decided to go to Nanjie Cun which is the last Maoist collective in China. What a strange place, so clean, so free from people trying to sell you things, so organised. The usual chaos one finds in Chinese towns and cities seemed to have evaporated. There was piped music interspersed with messages in Chinese being played over the loud speakers all over the collective. We found a petting zoo for children with some deer, some camels and a couple of osteriches. There was even a mosque, how bizzare!

There's not all that much to see there. I suppose the main attraction are the paintings of Uncle Joe Stalin and his friends and the big statue of Mao Zedong.

Walking out from the collective into the town is strange. You leave the tranquillity to instant chaos and street vendors.

Well until next time

Enjoy the photos

Jah Bless


Additional photos below
Photos: 77, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb