Henan Jianye 1 - 0 Nanchang 81


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Henan » Zhengzhou
May 23rd 2010
Published: May 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

The weather is heating up here now. Very warm and sunny at the moment. Think we may hit 30 degrees today which is great for the end of May.

So what's been happening here. We had a quiet weekend last weekend. Stayed in mostly, it rained both days, This week seems to have been the week of traffic incidents. I've seen a very nasty accident involving a motorbike and a bicycle. Quite scary seeing bodies in the middle of the road, people milling around the scene of the accident smoking and debris. The road is the main road from Zhengzhou to Kaifeng and has five lanes. The traffic was just slaloming in and out of the carnage. I didn't see an ambulance, police car or fire engine rushing to the scene on the road as we returned into Zhengzhou. I've also seen the exact same stretch of road covered in bricks for around 200 metres as a lorry had shed it's load. Then Friday morning there was an accident involving a car and a lorry at the end of our street. Thankfully there was only damage to the car and not to any people.

Last night we went to the football. Henan Jianye are Zhengzhou's team in the Chinese Super League. We had a great night and they won. A substitute came on with 2 minutes to go and with his first touch he scored the winner.

We did see another 5 or 6 foreign guys in the queue for tickets. Perhaps I should correct myself there not queue but mad scrum full of chinese men waving money and shouting in chinese at the one and only window open selling the tickets. You really need to get physical in a chinese queue. You cannot be polite and do it the English way or you wouldn't get anywhere.

Also once again the kindness of the people here is overwhelming. After leaving the stadium we walked to the chaos of traffic on the main road to see if we could find a taxi. We were stood there waiting patiently when a young lady called from her car and asked where we were going. So after showing her where we live, we always have a piece of paper with us that has our address written in chinese, she said hop in and her and her husband brought us home. Very, very kind and many thanks to Mr and Mrs. Wang

Anyhow enjoy the photos and until the next time

再见
(Zaijian)


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb