Baby Eris


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Henan » Luoyang
March 14th 2012
Published: March 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The whole reason for our trip is this super wonderful little person, Eris. Julie and I set out to cab it from the apartment to 'baby central' where the mom and babe are resting with the superb care of her Chinese Grandfather. Armed with a piece of paper with addresses and lots of pointing and smiling, we safely get ourselves transported for even less money than we were told we would pay. The city is bustling with cars, bikes and pedestrians. Its hard for us to even tell when to cross the street even though the traffic and walk signs are moving from red to green. Although people are polite, they don't wait for anyone and are just in a hurry at all times.

Once at the apartment we visit for hours on two separate occasions in the same day. Eris is every joy you can imagine. She is doing all the things babies do. Mom (Xiao Xiao) looks great and doing all the things a wonderful mom does. The whole scene is so perfect and precious.

The Chinese Grandfather makes us lunch and its also heaven. Yummy steamed dumplings and a familiar soy & sesame oil sauce for
Luoyang Street ViewLuoyang Street ViewLuoyang Street View

View outside of the apartment.
dipping and a savory broth. Grandfather brings out two kinds of spicy looking sauces and I nod. He mixes them into the sauce and it even tastes better. The meal is topped off with a bottomless cup of tea. Life is good.

Later during our second visit we are treated once again to home cooked dinner. A huge variety is presented. There is fish, mutton, eggs, pork and assorted vegetables. This meal is a little more adventurous than the last Grandfather made for us. There was plenty that was tasty for foreigners like us.

Looking forward to a good night's sleep to finally shake this jet lag. Up next, more Baby Eris and perhaps some local shopping for the girls.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Luoyang Street ViewLuoyang Street View
Luoyang Street View

View outside of the apartment.
Luoyang Street ViewLuoyang Street View
Luoyang Street View

Heading to Chinese Grandfather's.
Luoyang Street ViewLuoyang Street View
Luoyang Street View

Heading to Chinese Grandfather's.
Luoyang Street ViewLuoyang Street View
Luoyang Street View

Heading to Chinese Grandfather's.
LunchLunch
Lunch

Home cooked meal.


15th March 2012

Sorry to tell you, but my jetlag usually takes a week or two to get right . . . Love the photos! But there's no people in the photos - maybe you're really in Pittsburgh!?
15th March 2012

Heh, that was from me, Maya!
15th March 2012

Cutie patootie!!!
what a beautiful baby....and you two ain't too shabby either!!!! OMG when I see you guys it brings back memories that crack me up!!! Now we're supposed to be adults, NOOOOOOOOOO!!

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb