Its still Freezing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Heilongjiang » Harbin
December 30th 2012
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 45.75, 126.65

The temperature says it's -23 but it feels like -32.
Yes I agree.
It was really pretty. When you looked up to the sky it was like glitter was falling. The moisture in the air must be freezing and its falling as small as glitter. It was so beautiful until you breathed.
Either your nostril hairs in your nose froze or it actually hurt your lungs when you breathed in.
So we were completely covered all you could see was our eyes. I felt like the Michelin Man. Funny enough the cold still crept threw the layers of clothes that I was wearing.

Down the road from where we stayed was the St Sophia Church. It's so Russian, so Small and beautiful just plonked there in the square. Its all high rise all around. A Mc Donald's in the front and a shopping cent re in the back. Across the road we found an underground Food market.
Sausages, sausages and more sausages, big, little, fat, small, red, white, dried meats, dried fish, dries sea cucumbers (Very, very little ones) Big Bread, sweets, cakes, fruit and veg.

Luca and I returned the follow morning to buy stuff to bring home.

We met the Feltons for lunch. They where leaving that afternoon. We went to a Japanese place and wanted to order rice..... Guess what? No rice was available for lunch?
What..... No rice in China? Now I never thought I would ever hear that.
So we ordered noodle soups.
Later Matthew joined a group of men that must have been on a bucks party event. They thought it was great.

That evening we wandered the streets in search of food.
We walked past St Sophia's again. It was beautiful.
We saw groups of workers scraping the roads with shovels to remove the ice.
There was a huge shop window and the whole glass was frozen over on the inside. It was so amazing. The Chinese men thought I was crazy taking a photo of a window that you couldn't see threw.

We found a Russian Restaurant. Tatoc.
It was really dark and eclectic. Lots of old things everywhere. It was fantastic.
We had soup, Luca had the sausages and mashed potato, Matt had steak with mushrooms, Serena had steak, bacon and egg I had the steak. All very yummy.
Worth the Russian Experience.





Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.066s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb