Day 4: Time to move city!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hangzhou
April 11th 2014
Published: April 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Sorry once again for the delay, the internet access has been on the scarce side so now that we have settled the problem (sort of!) let's carry on with tales from our Asian adventure.

So today we moved on to the city of Hangzhou about a 3 hour coach drive away from Shanghai. We arrived at the hotel which happened to be located next to a series of elevated highways so not the most picturesque of views! Despite this we were upbeat and went off in search of lunch which turned out to be this really great Korean restaurant just down the road ( as you will find out in later blogs we went to this restaurant a few times and fell in love with a lovely young Korean woman, Kizzi, training to become an English teacher who served us every time and was really lovely).

We jumped back on the coach and headed off to our first rehearsal with our orchestra in Hangzhou. The venue looks slightly like the Death Star from Star Wars chopped in half (very impressive from the outside). Unfortunately the choir was very pressed for space and I found myself squashed on a step with some knees stuck in my back; luckily the timpani that was right in front of me was moved so that I could retain my hearing.

After what felt like a long and tiring rehearsal going over the Brahms requiem fully with the orchestra, we headed back to the hotel and wondered off down the road to find another Chinese restaurant. We once again had another feast washed down with beer.

Let's see what day 2 of Hangzhou brings, courtesy of James :-)


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb