Feeln the heat


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hangzhou
May 1st 2013
Published: May 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Amigos pizzaAmigos pizzaAmigos pizza

Veggie pizza!
May day! What a day! Joohee and i were up early and left our dorm about 8:45 to meet charlie. We went to the imax theatre across town.. This theatre was 5 stories tall! It was huge! We saw iron man 3 in 3D and it was awesome! Im not usually a fan of sequels but this one had me on the edge of my seat! Anywho, by the time we got out, around noon, the sun was high and the streets were packed with tourist for labor day celebrations. Thank goodness for charlie or else we would never have gotten a cab. Joohee and i struggle with catching them. Well its not that we cant catch them its explaining where we need to go and understanding their responses. We ate at a delicious vegetarian restaurant and i got aloe fruit soup, chow mien, veggie chicken and pot stickers. Top 3 meal in china so far (others were dinner at the buddhist temple and the cute restaurant sketch that frank the english teacher took us to). It was difficult communicating with charlie because he speaks such little english, and we speak such little chinese, but we tried! Joohee and i are a good team because i can understand better whats being said but she is better at responding back. We decided sticking together is a good idea 😊. After lunch our cab ride took foreverrr because of holiday traffic. I just people watched and laughed at the signs printed in the worst english and spelling i have ever seen for almost an hour until we finally arrived. I saw at least 3 sleeping babies on bikes (looks so dangerous) and i heard so many car horns they are still ringing in my mind. I was glad to get home and into our dark cool dorm room. We got a knock on our door from some of our classmates who invited us to dinner to a restaurant down the street called amigos. Joohee and i split a pizza and i had a nice cold bubbly ginger ale. It tasted so good. Cold drinks is rare in china. Even when people order beer they will get it warm. Its strange but i have gotten somewhat used to it. You pay more when its cold, but on these hot days its so worth it. We walked back before sunset and the air was cooling off and it felt refreshing. Im loving the heat, but it does take alot out of you. I was super moody when i got back, so i decided to put on my pjs (the only exercising clothes i could muster) and ran about 3 miles around the track here on campus. I was so surprised to see so many people! Old people, young people, kids, and even babies! And it was at 8 pm! A lot of people were walking backwards haha which i have never really seen before, supposedly its good for you. It was poorly lit but it felt good to power run my bad mood off and get some good exercise. There was no reason to be in a bad mood, i was just in a funk. But i got myself out, yay me! After showering and making tea, i read a little and looked online at some more sites around the westlake joohee and i can go see this week before class starts. I hope i have minutes on my phone to call nicholas and wake him up for work.. Okie dokie, bye for now. Ps. To all my home slices in the 360, i miss you dearly and have been looking for cute little gifts to bring back.. Yay presents!! <3 luff you all nighty night!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1217s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb