Camping adventure pt.II


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hainan
September 19th 2010
Published: September 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: How to cross the river? 35 secs
2: beach panorama 20 secs
In the morning, we climbed the mini-mountain (where the arial views are taken from) and I slipped on a slippery rock and got a gash in my leg. It was lucky we brought the first-aid stuff, as the nearest hospital was probably about half an hour away. The nearby village that you can see in the pictures was incredibly primitive, with no apparent electricity, and just wooden slats for beds with no bedding. So interesting to see people living that kind of lifestyle. One smelly man with puffy eyes was telling me that he's forgotten how old he is, but despite that, most of them seemed quite happy just catching fish and chilling out in hammocks and boats, playing cards.

Ironically, last night back in my own room was no more sophisticated, as my electricity meter has run out and the top-up shop is closed for the weekend. That means there's no air conditioning, no light, no charge on my computer, and as it happens the toilet is blocked too, so I had a very dark, smelly, sweaty night's sleep.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb