Sanya Renaissance 2013


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hainan » Sanya
August 8th 2013
Published: August 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Thursday, 8th August 2013

Tiger Airways flight TR 2934 brought us straight to the city of Haikou in Hainan Province this morning. This was our seventh overseas trip together for our party of five. Our travel arrangements were made as early as January in anticipation of the super long weekend crunch. The journey began at Changi International Airport for the three hours flight to Haikou Meilan Airport. This was followed by a two-hour rail journey to Sanya Station where our resort was another 40 minutes drive from the train station.

All in all, we probably spent half a day commuting to Renaissance Sanya even though I certainly enjoyed the comfortable train journey. Along the way, we were greeted by the beautiful countryside with its lush vegetation, rice fields and mountains.

Arrival at the resort along the quiet Haitang Bay was a welcoming treat. Flanked by its own private beach away from the maddening crowds, Renaissance Sanya exuded an exclusive vibe for a nice retreat. Regrettably, there were some minor hiccups during the check-in process even though the helpful staffs at Renaissance made the whole encounter a pleasant one.

Our first day was spent idling around the resort and uncover the sprawling grounds in an unhurried fashion. The sea and skies were unbelievably rough when we arrived even though things were soon going to pick up the following day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



20th August 2013

China
Looks like a great place to stay. Looking forward to reading more.

Tot: 0.427s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 76; dbt: 0.3427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb