Hainan Island - The Hawaii of China; where's the Hula Girls?


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hainan » Sanya
September 30th 2008
Published: October 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Hainan Island - Sanya


Having a week off in celebration of China's National Week gave us an opportunity to travel to the tropical resort island called Hainan to the city of Sanya. Sanya is the southernmost city in Hainan (海南) province, China. Luckily our 4 day excursion ended up sandwiching right between 2 typhoons so the weather was beautiful. The typhoon activity here in Asia seems to have picked up much like the hurricane activity of the U.S.

After a smooth one hour and twenty minute flight from Guangzhou we landed and took a taxi to our hotel. Easy enough, especially for a couple of misfit Mississippians making their way through southern China. As with most all holidays in China there are lots of families traveling.

Sanya proved to be a beautiful retreat spot with plenty of sun and sand. The resort and service was outstanding and proved much better than we expected. However we weren't completely convinced with the comparison to Hawaii, but it made for a very relaxing holiday in China. No complaints here!

Needless to say this was another great adventure that generated many new tales to tell. The all time high for this experience was when Janis lost her sunglasses in the China Sea and had the Chinese lifeguards snorkeling for them. Only in China would they continue their faithful search with a yard rake. Unfortunately after a diligent effort, she donated another pair of sunglasses to planet earth. She's becoming legendary for depositing sunglasses around the globe. If you don't believe this story, just take a look a the photos for proof.

I have posted several of the photos from our trip at:

Hainan_Island_Sanya_Photos

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb