26th - 28th April. Sanya


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hainan » Sanya
April 26th 2008
Published: May 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

For the next three days, we had a pretty set routine. This involved:

MORNING: There was no morning in Sanya. For us morning in Sanya was actually the night before still so doesn't actually count. The day pretty much doesn't start until about 1pm (on a good day).

AFTERNOON: The afternoon would start with a quiet bowl of instant noodles in the room, followed by a trip to the beach for the adventurous. It was really, really hot, so this activity would only last a couple of hours max! Then it was time to have some food and a drink. Most/all of the time this would involve going to our favourite bar in the whole world, 'Rainbow bar'. If an award for the best bar can be given, it would win hands down. Not only did it have fussball and a mint pool table; lots of people and some of the best burgers we have ever tasted. But it also had 'Tiger' beer on draught! So the afternoon would pretty much get soaked up here.
I think one day we may have ventured to an internet cafe, but I can't really remember now!

EVENING: After leaving rainbow bar, we would usually return for a shower and possibly a change of shirt (not for all of us, Ollie) and return to our favourite bar for the evening session. This session would be very similar to the lunch time session, but the bill was normally 3 or 4 times the price. Funny that! We would always befriend other travellers (one night we had eight players for our dice game) and have a very merry time. To top it off, the party would move to another bar to bring in the rest of the evening (morning) and the next day would start again (in the afternoon of course).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb