The Moon in Xijiang


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guizhou » Xijiang
September 16th 2012
Published: September 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It is a good rest to spend several days in a quiet village without many tourists. Meanwhile, it is also a happy experience of enjoying a couple of days in a famous Miao village, which has good facilities and entertainments for tourists in the middle of August according to Chinese lunar calendar.

Xijiang is the most famous village in Kaili area. I chose it as my first stop to get used to Miao’s life easier.

Once your enter the main gate of the village, beautiful Miao girls will come to offer you a cup of traditional rice wine. It is sweet and nice. You even can’t feel the alcohol. But be careful, don’t drink too much, you will know its power afterwards.

Various entertainments seemed to be hold all the time, from sunrise to sundown. Young boys and young girls showed different dance and songs. The costume they change from time to time made you dazzled. Drums, Huqin (2-string, 3-string fiddles), created different kinds of amazing melody.

Sky was becoming dark. People were turning more exited. Local people began to dance in the plaza. More and more tourist joined them.

Spin and spin, sliver accessories on girls were making the most beautiful song. I felt all my worries coming with me from the city were fading. I went back my room, looked out through the window……It was the beautiful moon in the sky.

At that moment, it is a real pure and happy world.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0623s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb