Days 23 & 24 – Dali to Xingyi to Kaili, Huanggoushu Waterfall


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guizhou » Kaili
April 24th 2012
Published: April 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I’ve combined these two days, as really, our 23rd day was spent on the road doing the 630 km to Xingyi. Really not to much to report. The landscapes were not so spectacular, but I guess that thus far we have truly been spoilt. We passed through Kunming, which on the surface looked like just another grimy big city. Then heading to Xingyi where we observed the numerous pyramid type hills dotting the landscape. Nothing to report from Xingyi, yet another new town that is popping up in the valleys.

The following day started off with a piano recital by two team members on the hotel lobby’s baby grand, then we hit the road to Kaili stopping to see the Huanggoushu Waterfall, said to be in the top six in China. Beautiful, yes, but after Jyuzhaigou it’s a bit of a case of “been there, done that”. We headed for Kaili and arrived at dust. Checking in to our hotel, we headed for the night market, a bunch of food stalls selling all types of animal innards. We ended up having an excellent Miao food at a nearby restaurant.

We headed back to the hotel, stopping by the bustling Kaili Ethnic Minority Museum which we planned to visit in the morning. The elderly were practicing their Latin dancing in the square.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb