Wallop!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
May 1st 2015
Published: May 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

At last a blogging website that you can open on the internet in China. Soon I will write a more extensive entry. In the meantime here are some photos from Yangshuo and the surrounding area.

Yangshuo is situated in the south-west of China in the Guangxi province (pronounced 'gwang-shee'). If you're like me and you still can't picture where it is, imagine where China joins the rest of south-east Asia. That is where Yangshuo is, very close to Vietnam and Laos. I've heard from unreliable sources that it's possible to get a sleeper train from Nanning (the capital of Guangxi) to Hanoi in Vietnam. You can see the map to better picture where it is.

My flight arrived in Guilin airport, about 1 1/2 hours from Yangshuo. As soon you arrive you notice the landscape. Surrounding everything is a sea of karst peaks, protruding from the earth like gigantic bowling pins. They stretch on for miles. Their other-worldlyness gives the area a touch of the surreal, at least for the first few days while aclimatising. Instinctively you want to climb them to see the view from the top. The one in the photo is called 'TV tower' aptly named after the TV masts stuck to its peak, keeping the Yangshuo residences up to date with their favourite soap operas and dating shows. It looms over Yangshuo, so that on a clear night you can see its lights shining bright over the town like a man-made star.

I hope you enjoy the photos. The next blog will be bigger, better and reloaded with more speactacular photos. Anyway, I must go see a man about a dog. Zai jian (goodbye).


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



8th May 2015

hi
Good one. Just testing the comment box!
8th May 2015

Hi! Thanks, seems to be working.

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb