Yoohoo from Yangshuo


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
October 10th 2012
Published: October 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So after another nerve dangling, painful and awful bus journey we arrived in Yangshuo from Guilin.

Very touristy here for China but the scenery around is quite spectacular when the haze that surrounds the mountains lifts for a few minutes.

We spent Monday and Tuesday getting our bearings, spoiling ourselves with english breakfasts, beer and foot massages , oh and haggling for tat at the stalls.However, Jina is very very good at it!

Today it was time to take the bamboo (plastic water pipe) boat down the Li River for a scenic tour.

After a truly traditional chinese breakfast (of 2 bacon, 2 eggs, mushrooms, beans and tomatos) we headed down to the river to find a boat.

Didnt take more than 10 seconds to find the touts and their brochures-First tout wanted 200 yuan for an hour trip, NO WAY, BYE BYE was the answer, next lady 150 yuan for an hour, she soon dropped to 100 when she realised Jina was thai and not to be messed with, eventually Jina somehow got an hour for 55 yuan!!! about 7.50 euros.

After the ten minute walk to the boat docked at the riverside we pulled the masterstroke and offered her another 40 for an extra hour, of course when the money was flashed she accepted!

95 yuan for 2 hours on a private raft, i was happy with that but knowing China we were probably still paying double what the chinese are!

Anyway we really enjoyed the cruise , the scenery, the coolness of the breeze (as Yangshuo is very humid sometimes),and seeing the fishermen, the water buffalo and the chinese farmers going about their daily lives on the banks of the river.

Anyways after that, back to town for more haggling for North Face jackets, very happy the way that went by the way!!

Tonight we have planned only a few beers and maybe some bbq food somewhere, loving the holiday vibe here so much we are staying until our flight to Xi an next week....


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



10th October 2012

Lovely!!!
Sounds beautiful.Did feel we missed seeing the real rural side of China but can't do it all - well not on a budget anyways. See you saw the fishermen with cormorants ( seems I got the bird wrong as well as the spelling last time !!) Enjoy the peace - Xi an a completely different ball game - saw our worst traffic ever there . Walk along the city walls good and terracotta warriors worth it though.Enjoy the rest of your hols. We are off to Northumberland Fri.

Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1131s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb