Yu Long river and a bike ride


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
July 18th 2012
Published: July 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So we decided to take a bike ride in the area. This turned out to be very scenic. Luckily it was a bit cloudy when we started the morning. A nice cool breeze cools you down as you ride, but as soon as you stop the sweat starts pouring down. The ride starts in town and negotiating your way through traffic until you reach the outskirts of town and start seeing some villagers on their bikes. We decided to use a local guide called Peter, who knows where to go and also can explain to us as we go along.

What a beautiful ride along a smaller river called the Yu Long, which eventually flows into the bigger Li river. Took some awesome photos of rice paddies and the overlooking hills just makes it so peaceful. We stopped at the river and then put our bikes on a bamboo raft to cross the river. Then we took a very leisurly ride for about 2 hours downstream, where we met up with our bikes again. There are many chinese tourists on this small river all taking a bamboo ride, so at times it gets a bit noisy, but the surrounding scenery makes up for this small flaw.

Getting on the bikes again we rode to the famous moon hill, which is a very nice looking hill, representing the moon. By now the sweat was really flowing, and the sun also started to break through the clouds. We have some very tanned arms to proof this. We decided to take a nice break and have some lunch just at a restaurant going towards the moon hill. Climbing the moon hill is also an option, but we decided against this, since we already had a quota of exercise for the day.

After lunch we took the road back to Yangshuo, which took about an hour an a half through some villages. Very tired and sweaty we arrived back in Yangshuo, but with the most awesome pictures in our heads. Another very successful day in China.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb