Day 9


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
August 2nd 2008
Published: August 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Road to Beijing Day 9! (James clearly can't be trusted to write this as yesterday, last entry, was actually day 8). Raining so like home from home, although still late 20's

Li River cruise was amazing, 4hrs on the river through very similar landscapes yet neither one of us was bored, it was probably the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen. You do need to have an imagination though as every few minutes the guides point at a hill and tell you it is Budda/horse/elephant head/mirror cloaked in silk veil (?).

Yangshou is very beautiful and very touristy-not lager louts from Essex, chinese tourists, so we are in fact still freaks here and stared at, in fact yesterday we even got filmed eating our food-twice. A little fed up of non distinguishable meat in sauce and rice we went to a western pizza restaurant and James ate with his hands and I used cutlery...no wonder they all stared.

A tip for anyone with non potty trained children from China...no nappies just clothes with vertical flap accross the bum area and when you feel baby start to go just hold them away from you to pee through opening on to the floor...no nappy and no mess...well, not for you to have to worry about anyway!

We have now learnt that photos on our good camera won't upload onto blog so will try and take some more pictures on our little camera to upload.

Jamie's Tips

Take lots of dark underwear to China, local food may produce some suprising results!
Practice your 'crazy eye' face before travelling to keep street sellers at a distance.
Travel with someone who doesn't mind haggling, even in a newsagents, because its my second worst nightmare after shiny shorts permed hair and a spherical ball.

Bring on Beijing the Brits are coming

Jd and Nads


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb