Yangshuo


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
May 20th 2008
Published: July 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

so it took fucken ages to get to Yangshuo, its such a awesome place and i will definitly go back there when i go back to China. so from Wuchang we took a 5.5hour bus to the tain station, the train then took 14 hours to get to Guilin, we arrived in Guilin at 6am and then got a bus Yangshuo which took maybe an hour or 2 i dont remember, so we saw the sun come up in the amazing landscape, there are rocks/limestone/little mountains just scattered across the landscape, its so beautiful and amazing to see. so we got to our hostel and had some free time, mw and Oscar went to the Li river and took a bamboo raft up the river to see the scenery. that evening we had a cooking class, well ive never cooked in my life, so i struggled, i mean who uses a wok to cook with the first time the ever attempt something that not taken from the freezer and put in the oven for 20-30mins. anyway we cooked and then sat outside to eat it. well my presintation didn't look to good, but it tasted awesome. and the view was fucken fantastic after cooking class we all went out for a few drinks and then went to the river to let our lantons off, we bought them just before we got on our cruise, well mine didn't fly it just crashed and burned into the river, shitty thing. but the others worked. the next day we went bikeriding, which was so much fun i havn't ridden a bike in years. we rode to a place called moon hill which is a rock/limstone/little mountain with a hole up the top which looks like a moon, i'll put a photo up. so we climbed moon hill (was not a hill) it killed me, i took the short way and was still overtaken by the others, i killed me so much more than the great wall did. so once i got to the top i rested for awhile, i was so fucked, guess it was from the bike ride and the climb. anyway after we decended we went and had lunch in terry's village. after lunch Terry took us to his house and we met his wife and daughter. it was such a cool experiance and really nice of terry to take us to his place. We went out for tea and then on to cocktails where i go drunk once again, i had a pretty blue cocktail which was the strongest cocktail they had, tasted gross for the first half but it was good after i was halfway through. the next day we went kyacking down the Li river, we stopped at a little village along the way and it was really nice this old lady took us to her house and showed us her garden, think she was proud of it. so then we continued down the river, i got bored. well more i was over it but we had to keep on going. after we got back we had to go get ready to go to Hong Kong, we said goodbye to Sabine an Tom as they were staying on in China and we got on the bus and headed back to the trainstation and on to the train to Hong Kong.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb