A week in Yangshuo! (Nov 2007)


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
January 5th 2008
Published: January 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Yangshou from Banna, and our youth hostel seemed like fun. The road we were staying on was the first really touristy place we had seen in China, lots of Westerners and lots of Western food.

We met Jared (our Aussie friend we met in China). Yangshuo has so many peaks surrounding so we walked up one of these on our first day.

On our second day (and Jared's last) we went to one of the caves - water cave which was so much fun. The cave was huge and so pretty and there were some cool rock formations. We met two lovely guys Stu and Ben in the caves and spent the rest of the week with them (not in the caves!). We had mud baths in the cave (the only group that did, the rest just looked and laughed at us!). There was a funny moment when Chris decided to climb the side of the cave - actually quite steep - named the "ski slope". She did this in her bikini (she hadn't changed since the mud bath and waterfall!) with the rest of the group watching underneath her and the slope. The rock was soon named the glimpse.....

We said a sad goodbye to Jared that night, it had been a lovely couple of days with him.

The next day we went cycling to Fuli which was a tiny village with stone houses and cobbled lanes, really pretty. The bike ride really killed my bum, I honestly thought I had done permanent damage to it.... but luckily we didn't ride back - the four of us bamboo rafted back.

The next day we visited Xingping bu bus and did a 3 hour bamboo raft back. The mountain scenery back was breathtaking and we stopped at a fishing village for lunch. Weirdly, they didn't have any fish (must have picked the wrong day....) so they picked a chicken out of the pen and killed it for our hot pot. We picked the veg out and drank the rice wine.

On our last day we sat by the river and watched Stu and Ben fish. It had been a really cool week in Yangshuo.

Advertisement



15th January 2008

I love yangshuo!
Funny that we also thought Yangshuo was the most touristy place we'd been in China too despite it being tiny! Sounds like you're having a great time!

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb