Yangshou Free day


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
June 21st 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Got up to meet the others downstairs in the lobby at 6:00am.

We then headed out to go rent some bikes (half desent mountain bikes in fact.) Then with our new rides headed down the main street to go get some breakfast.
The reason we were doing all this at such an ungodley hour was to try and do our bike tour of the surrounding area before the heat became to unbearable.

After breackfast we got going. The ride was great fun and the scenery was beautiful. In essense we cycled for miles through paddy fields and in between awesome Krast Mountains. We stopped frequently to take photos of which I took many and to buy water.
After 4 hours of riding we stopped of near a river for a swim before returning to Yangshou.

After 4 and half hours of riding on sometimes really bumpy paths my butt felt like it needed replacing.

Got back to Yangshou, dropped off the bikes and some of us went to get lunch.

I hadnt been feeling one hundred percent over the last few days. This plus the 38 degree heat wasnt pleasant so after lunch I went for
counrtyside around Yangshou
counrtyside around Yangshou
nap.

Woke up at 5:00 and met Mick, Karren, Debs and Leean for some dinner down the road.

We then met all the others back at the hotel at 7:30 to go and see the Yangshou light show.

This was amazing. It was created by the director that did "the house of flying daggers" and he's due to do the opening ceremany for the Bejing Olympics (With Spielburg as his right hand man.)
The Yangshou light show tells the story of a girl (3rd sister) who runs away from home and travels around the area singing. Aparently she then became famous because of her beautiful singing voice. She finally ends her travels by falling in love with some bloke and setteling down in Yangshou.
The show takes place almost entirely on a large lake. There were moving platforms, Krast mountains light up as a backdrop, fire torches, hundreds of people doing stuff on bamboo rafts (light up with spot lights). Basically you got to see it to believe it - my photos just dont do it justice.

Afterwards and amazed we headed back to the hotel.

Mick, myself, Mark, Lucy and Karren went out for
Fellow Cyclists
Fellow Cyclists
a quick drink before retiring for the evening.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 83; dbt: 0.1926s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb