Yangshuo - Day 81-84


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
May 29th 2007
Published: May 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Bike Ride BeersBike Ride BeersBike Ride Beers

Our bike ride was so great, but really hot and bumpy. We stoped at dragon bridge for a refreshment.
After a ferry from Hong Kong to Shenzen, a delayed flight to Guilin, and a hour long bus ride we arrived in Yangshuo around 2am. Waking up the next day we were pleasantly surprised to find ourselves in one of the most beautiful places we've travelled so far. The landscape was full of karst rock formations even more impressive than those in Thailand and Vietnam. On our first day we took a bike ride into the countryside for some chinese cooking lessons. The food was really tasty - we prepared cashew chicken, beer fish, sauteed eggplant, and steamed pork in pumpkin flower - we washed it down with some of the tasty local beer.

On our second day we did another bike ride wich included a bamboo raft ride. The rafts held two sitting passengers, two bikes and the guide who manuvered the long banboo rafts over small waterfalls aproximately three feet high. Over the falls we would have to raise our feet up so our shoes would not get wet. After the raft ride we hiked up to moon hill which was steep and hot. Two local women hoofed it up the hill with us fanning us the entire way, for a small fee of course.

That night we went into a small village for a minority dinner. We were invited into the home of some locals for a chance to see how the Yangshuo people live and what they eat. The house was around 80yrs old and we sat on small stools around a little round table. We sampled some interesting "peanut tea" and had loads of food served to us.

On our last full day we visited a tea plantation in the sourounding mountainous area of Yangshuo. We walked through the rows of tea and enjoyed the country scenery. It reminded us of the beautiful valleys of Napa. At the end of our plantaion tour we walked through the tea making process and enjoyed some tea.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

NihaoNihao
Nihao

I enjoyed visiting with this little girl, her grandmother and some other older local women. They loved to look at the pictures on our digital camera.
Moon Hill HikeMoon Hill Hike
Moon Hill Hike

We hiked up to moon hill which was about an hour straight uphill. These women follow people up the hill - fanning us the entire way.
CountrysideCountryside
Countryside

Beautiful view from the tea plantation.


11th June 2007

so beautiful!!!
I cannot believe how beautiful it is there! Matt and I are going to China in September and are so excited now! I hope you guys are still having a great time. Can't wait to see you next month! love kk
13th June 2007

What a magnificent place!! Mesmerizing. I'm sure your home time with the locals will make lasting memories!
13th June 2007

This is better than amazing
Pat, I am so jealous of your trip. You look like you two have been having the time of your life. You two are living a dream, while walking through a National Geographic slide show. Keep the photos coming.

Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0751s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb