A spot of illness in Guillin! (Nov 2007)


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Guilin
January 5th 2008
Published: January 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived here from Yangshuo and it really was a lovely city in China. It is really green and doesn't feel as polluted as the rest of China's cities. There are lots of lakes, peaks, walks and parks.

We spent the first night at the theatre watching a production with amazing acrobatics, dancing, ballet, gymnastics and changing faces.

The next night Chris felt sick so went home early, I followed soon after eating dinner and went to sleep thinking I had got away with whatever Chris had... but woke up to be voiolently sick.... so we were both stranded in our room for a couple of days together.... he he!

After getting over our sickness (surely our stomachs were getting tougher by now....? that was the only good thing I could see about being sick!) we visited the Longi rice terraces which were spectacular. It wasn't the best time of year to see them as they were a bit yellow and dry but they still looked lovely, rows and rows which you could walk up and down.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 28; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb