Our Great China Adventure, Part III: GUILIN


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Guilin
May 12th 2007
Published: September 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

This afternoon we arrived in Guilin and met our new tour guide, Angela, at the airport. Angela took us to our hotel, and also recommended a great sushi place for dinner that night, as well as an an AMAZING place we could go to get really cheap massages! Needless to say, our first night in Guilin really made us enjoy this new Chinese city!!

May 13th-
This was one of my most favorite days in China! We started the day off with a lovely lunch cruise down the Li River, where we saw all of Guilin's beautiful nature, breathtaking peaks, and old-fashioned villages. It was on this cruise that we also got to try SNAKE WINE! We even got to stop at one of these villages, the village of Yangshuo, at the end of our boat ride. This village has actually been one of China's best antique and craft markets, and we enjoyed walking around here for a little while and haggling for some bargains. After Yangshuo we headed to the Reed Flute Cave, which as you can see by the pictures...was quite an astonishing sight to see!

We finished off this wonderful day with dinner and another superb, cheap 1-hr. long massage....seriously, they just feel better when they're only about $15, including TIP!!! haha!

May 14th-
On this day we headed to Shanghai, but before we left we were taken to the site of Elephant Trunk Hill - which appropriately resembles an elephant drinking alongside the water. It was really pretty and we took lots of pictures, some were even with a real live cormorant fisherman! But...by far the best part of the morning was when I got to take pictures with a trained little monkey!! How cute is he???

Time to leave for Shanghai...

Love,
Larry & Melanie




Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb