#77 Teaching at Taizhou Teachers College, China (Guilin and a Li River Cruise)


Advertisement
Asia » China » Guangxi » Guilin
June 10th 2007
Published: June 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

In a new China, GUILIN is among the first of a multitude of blossoming cities. With spectacular historical and natural attractions these continue to host millions of perplexed and enchanted visitors, from every corner of the world, daily. China's doors and windows have been opened wide, and the winds of change are strong. Could any of them ever be closed to the world again? To help keep them fro... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

She wasn't interested in me !She wasn't interested in me !
She wasn't interested in me !

Maybe it was the shirt? (At one of Guilin's nightly performances of China's folk-lore).
He performed some amazing stunts on stage.He performed some amazing stunts on stage.
He performed some amazing stunts on stage.

In China a man has better luck for attention from another man, and women need be contend with their own. It is part of the culture.
Famous face of Miami Heat on a bill-board in Guilin?Famous face of Miami Heat on a bill-board in Guilin?
Famous face of Miami Heat on a bill-board in Guilin?

The NBA in China has millions of fans, and the Miami Heat are greatly respected, when they are winning.
"Daddy, please buy one for the "little emperor"."Daddy, please buy one for the "little emperor".
"Daddy, please buy one for the "little emperor".

Vendors for every type of "kitsch" market their wares on the streets of Guilin. Here a boy is fascinated by little rubber men, who cascade down, after surviving a throw against the wall by the vendor in white. They are for sale.
On the streets of Guilin, this kindly man will sharpen anything, and only by hand.On the streets of Guilin, this kindly man will sharpen anything, and only by hand.
On the streets of Guilin, this kindly man will sharpen anything, and only by hand.

The tools of today have changed little from my childhood in Muehlhausen, too many years ago.



9th June 2007

delightful guilin!
The photos really capture the beauty of the place, and certainly puts it on my list of places to see. Thanks for giving us this look at another fascinating place in China.
9th June 2007

wow!, Mr. Scheider, those caverns look fascinating! I've always wanted to see them in real life. are those illuminated by lights or they painted or are they naturally like that? it would be crazy if they are naturally like that. and the mountains look great. they remind me of my parents homeland :) looking forward to the next blog!
10th June 2007

enjoy
what a wonderful trip to guilin it is ! I am looking forward to visiting there.Thank you for your blog!
12th June 2007

Welcome your coming to xiamen
Xiamen is also a beautiful city.
13th June 2007

Wow. The pictures are breath taking. Its amazing to see a part of the world that is still untouched by cement and "modernization".
17th June 2007

guilin is an wonderful place.a small city without large population like that of shanghai or beijing, a small city without hight skyscrapers, but it offer you the quiet that can't be found in big cities .its mountains perhaps is most beautiful in the world .it is a place deserve a visit
26th June 2007

wow schneider! everything over there looks beautiful. Hope you are enjoying yourself ! miss you !

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb