#78 Teaching at Taizhou Teachers College, China ( VIDEO- Panda playing, eating, and at birth)


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
June 30th 2007
Published: August 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post


Happiness is meeting a Giant Panda!Happiness is meeting a Giant Panda!Happiness is meeting a Giant Panda!

The encounter of a life-time at the Chengdu Panda-Reserve in Sichuan Province of Central China.
Ali, the wonderful person who created this exciting Travelblog-site on the internet, has added a new feature. It is now possible to share some exclusive VIDEOS with you. I want to thank Ali for her many efforts and improvements, permitting me to bring you journal-updates, free of cost. Thank you Ali.

To test my ability to follow her instructions, I would like to offer you one of the great experiences of my life, A VIDEO of the visit to the Panda Reserves in the thriving city of Chengdu, in Sichuan Province of China. This city in Central China is synonymous with one of the world's most exotic and most endangered animals, the Giant Pandas.

My very good friend Arthur and I had ventured into this reserve, and here is what he captured on video to share.

It was a most satisfying moment in my life, to observe several Panda-Bears, happy and oblivious to the admiring crowds. I hope their performance will bring some joy into your day.

The Giant Panda is one of China's national treasures and greatest ambassadors. Combined, in captivity and in the wild, only 2,500 Pandas are believed to exist. These are wonderous creatures, sadly almost extinct, have become the poster-children for conservation and preservation.

Just click the short film-strip-icons in the upper left-hand corner, next to the airplane, and "Enjoy the show!"
Your thoughts and comments are always appreciated and encouraging. Have a wonderful summer one and all.


Advertisement



1st July 2007

Great stuff
thanks much for the Panda video. Maybe we can now get a video message from Hans. Love to hear your voice friend.
1st July 2007

I went to see them yesterday!
Hi Hans, How timely you should release this blog just the day after I visited the reserve myself! I had a wonderful visit and these fabulous creatures are just soooo cute. I especially enjoyed the playfulness of the "toddlers" They must have been real babies when you were last here. Also was lucky enough to be at the reserve early un the morning and our small group had the park to ourselves for about an hour before the noisy hordes arrived. Very special. Off to Leshan to see the Big Buddha today then climbing Emei Shan. Hope our break in the States is going well. See you next term. Regards Sue
2nd July 2007

That was just lovely! The pandas were adorable!! You should post more videos :D
2nd July 2007

cool
Hans,you are living such a different life,seeing things most earthlings will never see.We hope to see you while you are back visiting. Love Wayne&Geri.
5th July 2007

aaahhhhhhhhhh!!! The pandas are sooo cute! The poor first one must have felt so self-conscious though...it looked like he kept flipping upside down by accident and people kept laughing at it. At least it got its food at the end! Those videos are amazing Mr. Schneider! A more personal way for us to see little snippets of China. Thank you so much.

Tot: 0.401s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.3666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb