2 Rivers & 4 Lakes By day & By Night


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Guilin
June 27th 2021
Published: July 10th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Guilin is famous for his 2 rivers and 4 lakes

The Li River & The Peach Blossom River The Four Lakes are Chinese Fir Lake, Banyan Lake, Osmanthus Lake & Wooden Dragon Lake

This evening Yvonne was able to show us two of these beautiful lakes during our walk through the illuminated waters edge. It was a interesting to learn how this area had fallen into deglect but back in 1998 a new mayor to the city had a vision to bring these beautiful lakes bs into life.

Fir Lake with its Sun & Moon pagodas & Banyan Lake with the it’s zig zag bridge & crystal bridge that changed colour all looked so magical in the evening light.

I had visited Guilin back in 2010 so today’s visit with Yvonne brought back many happy memories.

Now looking forward to the same trip in the daylight.

Chinese Fir Lake was named after the Chinese fir trees growing on the shore. The Sun Tower is painted gold and the taller of the two. In the night it is lit with bright yellow lights. The Moon Tower has deep brown beams and aqua eaves. It outshines the
moon at night, with its artificial white lights.

The two towers are open to the public and there is an underground aquarium-like viewing tunnel linking the pair. The towers are in the style of Buddhist pagodas and Buddhist music can sometimes be heard emanating from them during the day.

Banyan Lake got its name from a large banyan tree standing on the lake shore near the 1,000-year-old South City Gate

A zigzag bridge leads to Mid-lake Isle, which is dotted with long open-sided corridors, waterside pavilions and ancient buildings. Built in the Song Dynasty Blue Ribbon Bridge, now called Sun Bridge, separates the lakes. The two lakes together were often referred to as Round Lake.

The following day we took this and route but in the daylight early morning, just as magical despite the rainfall & brought back memories of our visit in 2010..


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement
















Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb