Dapeng


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Shenzhen
March 25th 2017
Published: August 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Dapeng is a sea side town split in to two parts. There's the newer area of Dapeng and the older area. The older area has a fortress, a temple and an area with lots of bars and restaurants (called the new fortress). From the Shenzhen Dapeng is around an hour and a half journey by bus.

As Laurent lived in Dapeng, the Irish and I all spent some time in Dapeng. We had only been to the new fortress and not visited any of the historical parts. So one weekend the four of us decided to go there for that reason. Unfortunately Val was leaving to return to America that day so couldn't join us. We had gone out for a meal the evening before to say goodbye.

We started by going to the fortress, a walled village in Dapeng. It was built in 1934 to protect the area from pirates. We looked around the shops before going in to the fortress. The fortress had some lovely views and the design and architecture was beautiful. We spent time looking around before going back through the village attached to it.

When we had finished in the Fortress we went to the Temple. Built in Longtou Mountain near Dapeng Bay to the east of the city, the Dongshan Temple was first built in 1394 and then rebuilt in the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911). The temple was amazing, it was so colourful. We were lucky enough to arrive during a sermon and were able to watch the monks pray.

To the side of the temple were some steps, Laurent and I started to climb them and when we stopped to look at the view Laura joined us; she had lost Fiona inside the temple somewhere. The three of us carried on following the steps up and up.

When we got to the top we found a boulder which we climbed on to, it was rather difficult in jeans but we made it and were so glad we did. The view was amazing, right out over Dapeng, the Ocean and surrounding country side.

Once we had gone back down the steps we found Fiona and headed to the New Fortress where we met some friends and had dinner with a few drinks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb