End of the Year, Going Away Party


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Guangzhou
June 15th 2013
Published: June 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Tonight, a few teachers organized an end of the year party, as sort of a way to share music with each other and also to say farewell to the departing teachers.

Quite a few teachers performed songs with guitar and keyboard and at the end, a band with current and former teachers got everyone singing along. Since so many foreign teachers here are musicians, too, it was a special way to end the year together.

After the music was done and everyone had packed up, most of us went next door to a popular bar (the only one with draught beer!) for some drinks and relaxation. We shared stories, told jokes, and just enjoyed each other's company one last time. Yes, there's still some time yet, but with exams and grading and preparations, this is really our last chance to properly spend time together before we scatter to the wind.

Quite late, around 2am, it started to rain a bit and we went indoors. Maestro pulled out his guitar and those of us remaining joined in singing well-known classic rock songs and sometimes made up our own lyrics.

Around 3 we were tired and decided to see if we could still get some street BBQ. Luckily, there was one place still open and it was next to a dumpling shop! The BBQ man only had 2 fish and some tofu left, so we supplemented with carrot and corn dumplings and all devoured it quickly.

Then, off into the night, ready for sleep, happy as can be.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

She's forgotten the wordsShe's forgotten the words
She's forgotten the words

They're on her arm. The guy on the right was smart enough to write them on paper and put it on his leg.
The students were fans...The students were fans...
The students were fans...

of the people performing. They talked through the music.
We're cuteWe're cute
We're cute

Me and my dumpling buddy


Tot: 0.269s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 78; dbt: 0.1937s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb