China Crags


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Guangzhou
April 3rd 2010
Published: April 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we went and saw the crags in China. But before that, we went to a real Chinese restaurant. They let you choose the live fish that you are about to eat. They also had snakes that you can eat. I learned that in south china they eat everything that is edible. My aunt picked some food from the menu and they were delicious or as the Chinese say, “ hen hao chr”. Luckily, I didn’t get sick. Then we saw the Seven Star crags. There are the mountains that you see in old Chinese paintings. Millions of years ago, the area were the crags are, used to be an ocean. The ocean formed limestone which the mountains are made of. Over time, water dissolves with the lime stone and washes parts of the mountains away. That’s why they are weird shaped. An interesting thing about the mountains is that are hollow inside. They have limestone caves that all are connected in the mountain. There was a Taoist temple inside a crag. It was amazing!!!! In the Taoist religion, they believe in the relation of heaven and earth. So there was a natural hole in the cave on the ceiling of the crag temple. The temple had written inscriptions that were over 1300 years old. They also had incense hanging down that take one month to burn up completely. They also had 100 Buddhas that are in different hand positions. The Chinese named the mountains. If you see few mountains at the right angle, they look like a sleeping Buddha. They actually have a statue of the sleeping Buddha by the 100 Buddhas. They also had bird reservations on island on the lake by the mountains. They had flamingos and other birds there. Then we took a boat ride though a cave. It felt like I was in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. The cave had lights in it. It also had water falls in the cave. It was beautiful! My first time in a boat in a cave.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb