Chengdu - Chongqing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Chongqing » Chongqing
June 29th 2007
Published: November 30th -0001
Edit Blog Post

Got up stupidly early again (needing lay in pronto)

And took the one hour bus drive to the Chengdu Panda breeding centre.

It was a sunny but cool day.

The Pandas were incredible, normaly they do bugger all and are quite placid apart from 2 days a year when its mateing time. Today was one of those days, all the adults were on heat and were wondering around, rolling around and generally doing active things that dopey Pandas dont normaly do.
The most incredible part was the Baby Pandas. They were really mobile and playfull. They look almost unreal. The human like eyes (more so then the elephants) give the appearance of children in panda suites.
I must have taken 100 photos of the baby Pandas allown.

After a couple of hours and a museum we had Lunch around the corner.

After last nights hot pot it was rather dull.

Then we took a 5 hour bus ride to the Yangsi port and industrial hub of Chongquin (again shrowded in an even worst brown yellowy cloud.

Here we were to catch a cruise for a few days down the Yangsi river.

After dumping our bags on the cruise boat we went and had dinner in Chongquin. It was alocal restaurant and very busy. Our local tour guide ordered a selection of food for us which was nice but unfortunatly consisted of to much soup (boring!!!)

Afterwards we got some supplies (mainly beer) and on the boat cut a special deal with the bar for a crate of (you guessed it) more beer.

We drank said beers in the bar/cafe upstairs while Lochie taught us Mahjong.

Went to bed later.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb