【Chongqing Wulong】Big Hole River


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Chongqing » Chongqing
January 6th 2020
Published: January 6th 2020
Edit Blog Post

When I traveled to Big Hole River it was just the beginning of summer. The Pyracanth was in full bloom sending out strong clouds of its fragrance into the air. The mountains were covered in red with a backdrop of green. Beneath the mountain lies Big Hole River, a deep crevice that looks prehistoric in stature.
I have been here many times before but realized I have never truly been present.  
She is mysterious. I can feel the majesty of the mountains and the tranquility of the river. Next to the river is Muyang Gorge. There are a few families that live here in front of the gorge. The location has become an attraction for people who want a retreat away from the wilderness.
Big Hole is glorious. The light from the top of mountain on the gorge brings rays of sunlight and warmth to the ground below.
She is prosperous. Big Hole is the birthplace of the Shiliang River. The river is rich in iron ore and coal. The river crosses through Longtian and Shenlong Gorge, picking up resources along the way. The water at Longquan contains sulfur with iron lingering deep in the valley of the cliff.
The river stays cool during the summer – even when ground temperatures can reach sweltering highs. With all of the foliage in the area, you are sure to have insects buzzing in your ears.
I sat down on the riverbank to watch the sunset. It inundated the sky in a brilliant blood red hue. There was a harmonious beauty about the way the sun fell from the vast view of the sky.
Locals then began preparing for dinner. They cooked and I watched as smoke spiraled up out of the kitchen chimney from within the farmhouse. The smell of roasting food came wafting out. I inhaled deeply and held onto the notes of flavor from the delightful countryside dishes.
Once night feel, I reluctantly said goodbye and made my way back to Wulong. Until next time.
 


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb