Somewhere over the arctic, then arriving in Beijing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
October 21st 2013
Published: October 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Flight was un-eventful service was very good - they kept the drinks and food coming, we all had the steak which was pretty good. Wes and Kirk discovered the lounge with all you can eat snacks and chocolate bars. We all managed to sleep for a few hours which will help with the jet lag. We land and go clear customs. After you land in Beijing you take a train to get your bags, that train is some kinda busy!!! Not quite Beijing subway in rush hour, but it sure felt like it! We grab a taxi to our hotel, and i tell you i would not like to drive here, there is some kinda crazy drivers here, our driver even cut off a cop who had his lights on!!! The ride was about 45 mins, and then we're at our hotel, the Grand Hyatt Beijing. We check in, and are offered a room with lounge access - nice - free breakfast, lunch and evening cocktails. Off to the room, which is a 2 bedroom suite, with 2 bath's. Very large and nice... We put our bags away, and head off to the lounge, which had some dinner time snacks and lots of stuff to drink. After that we head down to the mall and grab the kids some burger king cuz they didnt like the stuff in the hotel... Tell you there is a big language barrier here, there was only 1 person in burger king that understood a little english... Anyhow, off to bed now, tomorrow we're going shopping for some fake watches and purses.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb