Ole!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
July 21st 2006
Published: July 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today was a multicultural day for me. After class we went to an acrobatic show which was absolutely amazing. The performers were so flexible, bending in ways I thought were impossible. Besides just showing off the flexibility of the performers, the show featured juggling, uncicyle riding, and tight rope walking also. Sometimes all these events were done at once! The theatre was very small and informal. Besides from other foreigners like us, the rest of the audience were mainly school children. I would equate the show to something like the circus, not the symphony, because everyone was not quiet during the performance. I think it was a must see in order to truly experience the Chinese culture.

After the show, we decided to experience another part of the Chinese culture. This involved meeting up with a Panamanian, a friend of a friend, and going to a Salsa club. My friend Diana is Colombian and has been craving salsa dancing, as she lives in the UK and doesn't have that many opportunities. However she heard of this place from some other Colombians in China, so she wanted to check it out. We also went with one of our friends, Robbie, who spent some time in Nicaragua and was good at salsaing. Unfortunately I was the only one who didn't know how to salsa, marangue, or cha-cha, but I think I have the jist of it now after dancing for five hours. The Latin Americans sure do love to dance! However, the club was probably filled with more Chinese than Latinos. The Chinese seemed to be enjoying the dances just as much, and some were even just as good at them as the latinos!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb