Bizarre Foods Video Montage


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
November 16th 2009
Published: November 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
Greetings everyone! At long last, we've found time to upload some of the videos we've been shooting over the past 5 weeks. The quality is not perfect, as we had to re-size and convert the videos for the blog, but they're not shabby either. So bear with us and travel back in time to our first few days, way back in blustery Beijing. We've affectionately named this our "Bizarre Foods" episode, reminisce of the Travel Channel Show that goes by the same name. The following is a 23-minute series of our adventures in and around Wangfujing Street Market, where creepy-crawlies and unidentifiable meat lurk around every corner (and, keep in mind, five weeks later we still don't know what we're eating half the time)! So sit back, look fondly at that nice NORMAL food you have on your table right now, and enjoy the crazy noisy smelly ambiance of..."Bizarre Foods Beijing!" Hope you get a kick out of this wacky city as much as we did!
😊
P.S. - For the computer-impaired, click on the white triangle above and make sure your speakers are turned on. The videos will automatically roll from one to the next! If you would like to fast-forward, you can advance the little white dot next to the play button. Grab some Tums and enjoy!

Advertisement



18th November 2009

Brave Souls
You both are really brave. I almost never try anything outside my comfort zone. You have inspired me to be a little bit more adventurous. That was really interesting! Thanks for the video montage. D
18th November 2009

Really!
You guys are so brave! I would not touch that stuff with a 10 foot pole. That was so funny that the guy was so excited about the dollar bill!
19th November 2009

Interesting stuff!
Wow, how cool. The grasshopper I think I wouldn't mind trying, but the sea urchin? Just looking at it made me go, 'How did they even EAT that??' Kudos to you guys for being willing to try new things!

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.035s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb