transportation


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
July 2nd 2009
Published: July 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Arriving in a city as large and as important as Beijing can cause both erroneous difficulties and an incredible sense of excitement. For the record while flying in the Great Wall can be witnessed from an airplane at 10,000 ft but I’m still not sold about the theory from the moon.
The health inspection on the airplane was far more serious than I imagined. The inspectors came in with full body suits, goggles, and the whole works to take everybody’s temperature before getting off. Even once again in the terminal every airport official wore protective masks and what not.
Riding in the Subway system from the airport to the Hostel was impressive. For 3:30pm in the afternoon it was both extremely crowded and clean. It appeared that great lengths had gone to keep the whole subway and stations sparkling clean, most systems in America are much filthier, the floors had that appealing squeak with every step. Equipped with guards and numerous security cameras the whole subway system is very efficient for traveling in Beijing.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb