Trasportation


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
November 7th 2007
Published: November 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Outer Transportation:

1.By plane:
Most major international airlines have regular flights in and out of Beijing to cities throughout the world. Most cities in China have regular flights to and from Beijing. Check our flight reservation system for what you are looking for. The Capital International Airport of Beijing is about 30 km from the city center, located in the northeast of the city proper-Shunyi District. The status of Beijing has been further strengthened as the international and domestic aviation pilot in China.


From here there are a few airport buses (RMB 16) that will take you into town. These buses could get you to Xidan Civil Aviation Mansion, the Art Gallery, the entrance of Beijing Railway Station and the Princess Tomb (Gongzhufen), etc. If you are inclined to drive yourself, you are to be informed that the highway charges of the airport would be changed according to the different type of car that you are driving, and a taxi should cost approximately RMB 10.


2.By train: (From Beijing Station to other cities' stations)
Traveling by train, one can reach almost anywhere in China and even other destinations in Europe and Asia.
Some of the major domestic routes include:
Beijing to Shanghai: normally about 14 hours overnight.
Beijing to Guangzhou: normally about 30 hours.
Beijing to Harbin: normally less than 20 hours.
Beijing to Xi'an: normally less than 10 hours.
There are three train stations in Beijing, the main station, Xizhimen Station and the West Station, although most trains to major cities use the Beijing West Station; Xizhimen Station is the north station of Beijing, including some short-travel trains to Inner Mongolia and Hebei Province, etc., and also some excursion trains start their routes here. The easiest way to get to the main station is to take the subway. There is a foreigner ticketing office in the station (in the soft-seat waiting room) and most hotels will also arrange tickets for you (for a charge).



3.The Highway: (Starting in Beijing with other cities as the terminus.)
There are 12 national highways radiating from Beijing taken as the centre, which can arrive in Shenyang, Tianjin, Harbin, Guangzhou, Zhuhai, Nanjing, Fuzhou, Kunming and other main cities separately in China. There are also 6 expressways surrounding the urban district: Badaling Freeway, the Capital Airport Highway, the Expressway from Beijing to Shenyang, the Highway from Beijing to Tangshan, which will go by Tianjin, and from Beijing to Shijiazhuang, as well as from Beijing to Zhangjiagang. Furthermore, there are 12 Bus Stations for long-distance buses in the city proper.


In addition: The expressway of through transportation from Beijing to Benxi and Liaoyang has been opened. The buses on these two routes can all go on the Jingshen Expressway, which adopts the luxurious vehicle, that is a Volvo with air-conditioner, assembled with closed-circuit television, drinking apparatus and the chairs being modulated, etc., meanwhile, providing assorted foods for a meal free of charge during your travel. The full-length highway from Beijing to Benxi is 820 kilometres, and the fare is RMB 195, with only one bus every day from Bawangfen Bus station of long-distance transportation at 10:30 in the morning (Nowadays a lot of buses have moved to Sihui Bus Station), while returning from Benxi Passenger Traffic Station at 20:00. The whole length of Liaoyang Line is 700 kilometres, and the ticket price is RMB 170, also with one bus from Bawangfen Station at 11:00 in the morning, getting back from Liaoyang station at 22:00.


The Inner Transportation:


1.Tourist Special Train
Every day, there are some tourist special trains departing regularly from Beijing railway stations to scenery spots in the suburb of Beijing. The train ticket during the holiday can be purchased at Beijing Railway Station, Bejing North Station, Beijing South Station and International Travel Agency of Beijing Railway System. In these three railway stations and other train stops, the green access has been installed respectively, and you could pull in directly.

You can buy the tickets after getting on the train, or at the station in advance. If there are more than 10 tourists then you may prefer to purchase the tickets in a group, and you can ring the station and make a reservation 3 to 10 days ahead of time. The Telephone number for ordering the tickets is 010-65636733.


You can get the entrance tickets for the traveling spots in the designated ticket office at the railway station, and need not buy again after arriving at the scenery areas. In addition, you can take the outing trains starting from Beijing Railway Station, Beijing North Station, and Beijing South Station free of charge drawing on your entrance ticket.


2.Subway
Beijing has established Subway No.1, No2, and No.13 (light rail vehicle), and the subway No.13 which can get you to a lot of places in the north. The Subway No.1 starts from the west Pingguoyuan Station (The Apple Garden) to the east Sihui Station; while the subway No.2 would pass by Xizhimen Station, Fuxingmen Station, Hepingmen station, the Front Gate Station (Qianmen), and Beijing Railway Station, etc. The first train begins from the departure track at 5:00 in the morning generally, and the last transit is at 23:00 in the evening approximately.


3.Bus


Beijing tourist bus center
Beijing tourist bus center was built on September 20th 2005, with the purpose of getting rid of all the travel traps of tourist special buses which existed previously. Now in the center there are three places of departure:


Tian'an men bus departure center: the southwest corner of Tian'anmen Square
Tian'an men branch center: the southeast of the square
Deshengmen branch center: Deshengmen


Departure time: 6:00am-10:00am (will be slightly adjusted according to the variation of seasons and tourist numbers)


Routes of the tourist buses:
Badaling Great Wall-Dingling RMB 140
Juyongguan Great Wall-Dingling RMB 125
Direct route to Badaling RMB 80


The above ticket prices include attraction ticket price, return bus ticket and dining fee.


4.Taxi
If it's the first time for you to visit Beijing, you should be notified that the Taxi parking lot is situated in front of the Beijing Railway Station. However, if you would like to go somewhere close to this Railway Station (with the starting fee less than RMB 10), generally, the drivers are not willing to go there, therefore you'd better walk out from the square in front of the Station ,then go ahead and pass one street, and walk to Zhongliang Plaza where you will find a lot of taxis.


5.Tricycle
Most of the transport


Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 5; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb