Tianamen square


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
September 20th 2005
Published: September 20th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well bloggers we are here and on the move.After breakfast and the sad task of wishing Bob a good day at work as we headed off on the adventure. The Beijing subway is a modern system and pretty user friendly with signage and maps.Hold up two fingers and money and voila! tickets appear from the ticket window.Ironically the forst people we met were from Ottawa.A couple with children came up to us in the subway and struck up a conversation.Actually she was from Toronto but had a sister in Orleans.The subway was packed and I bumped my head on the hand rail as I entered the car. Clearly not made for 6'3" Canadians! We transfered and got out at Tianamen square east. The forbidden city,home of the Emperors built in 1400 at one end of the infamous square. Crowds of people,bus tours,red hats,white hats,yellow hats,follow along please!
Amazing place to live,huge,ancient,beautiful.we spent a number of hours wandering around and occasionally became the tourist attraction ourselves with people coming up to have their picture taken with us.
After the Forbidden city we wandered across the huge square to Mao's mausoleum.No cameras, no bags, security high but an orderly procession past the Chairmans body. He looks good for those of you interested.
After the mausoleum a peek into the stores then took a taxi back to Bob's and this writing. Talk to you soon.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb