Slept well


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
September 19th 2005
Published: September 19th 2005
Edit Blog Post

It is 8 am and another grey day here in beijing.We went for a bit of an orientation walk last night to understand the way to the subway for this mornings adventures. Pleasant weather and lots of people on the streets.Bicycles and taxis everywhere though not as mad as India or other huge cities we have been in. We were drawn to the sounds of drums and cymbals and wandered over to some sort of ritual.Not really sure what it was but about a dozen women were dancing /marching in a sort of asian conga line with fans in their hands all to this Hari Krishna like beat. Absolutely no idea what it was but it was clear that we are not in Kansas any more Toto.
First impressions are thios city is very clean.orderly and big. We are in a complex of buildings called East Lake and there is a small oasis of a lake with gold fish swimming around. Clearing security,customs,health and immigration was a breeze and probably as easy as it could be. The list of prohibited things restricted from entrance to the counrty was an eye opener and I had a moment of concern that the Maxim magazines I have for Noah might be considered detrimental to the morals of the state.Carlo or young host has nop school again today with the water main still broken and so Nadia is also not working.Poor Bob was downhearted as he left for work leaving us all behind to have fun without him. Hip Hip Horray for the faceless Canadian Public Servent toiling away in this hardship posting on Our collective behalf.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0978s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb