China Day1-2


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
September 22nd 2006
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

All fourAll fourAll four

The four intrepid explorers
22nd September 2006

Finally after all the preparation, injections, packing and the last minute rush to the
Bank for currency that we thought could only be obtained when we arrived in China, the trip had arrived. I should explain at this point that we were travelling with my parents on a room only basis 2 week holiday with some tours pre booked for us. It could have got off to a better start, when we arrived at the airport and found that the flight had been changed without telling us and we would be spending an uncomfortable night in Dubai airport. The only saving grace was the Irish bar at the airport was open and the flights with Emirates were great. Food really tasty and the only flight where you get your own menu, also the on board in flight entertainment facilities were excellent.

When we arrived in Beijing it was night time, and we caught a taxi to our hotel the Red Wall. We were staying near to the Forbidden Palace and the hotels cliental were mainly Chinese business men. The rooms we were allocated were obviously reserved for tourists, based on traditional old fashioned Chinese décor, but were very comfortable. We met in the bar for a drink but retired early as the next day was to be an early start and a full day of excursions. We collected business cards from reception which showed the location of the hotel and we thought they would be useful as a point of reference. We also agreed that we would have a “kitty” which Mum would keep and bills would be split two ways for food, taxis and drinks.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 19; qc: 98; dbt: 0.0879s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb