City tour


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
April 2nd 2013
Published: April 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We awoke early and went up for the great breakfast buffet again. After that, the girls went to the room while I went to see the Temple of Heaven. I do not know why they did not feel like going, but they really missed out. This was my favorite part of the trip. The park grounds are amazing and I enjoyed people watching while walking through to the Hall of Prayer for Good Harvests. I spent two hours here admiring all of the beautiful structures. After my visit, I rode the subway back to the hotel and picked up the girls. We then went to Tiananmen Square and walked all over, before going into the Forbidden City. It is hard to believe what is behind the walls. There is so much to see and lots of walking to do. 72 hours is just not enough, but it gives me a yearning to return now.

In the afternoon, we took our daughter go to the Beijing Zoo. She loves animals and wanted to see the Pandas also. It is a pretty nice zoo that is well laid out. It was also a nice day to be outside. We stayed at the zoo until closing at 5pm.

When we left the zoo, the subway was very crowded since it was rush hour so we opted to take a taxi back to the hotel. It is not expensive to take taxis in Beijing so this was a great option. Once back at the room, we went for a Chinese dinner. I had wanted to go to the Olympic Park and see the "Birds Nest" and the "Water Cube", but it was a hassle to ride the subway from our hotel to there and we were so tired from all the walking. Next time!

We went to bed early since we would wake up at 4am to go to Capital Airport for our flight to Seoul.


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb