Great Wall


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
April 1st 2013
Published: April 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We awoke early and went for breakfast at our hotel. We had a free buffet with our room and it was good food. They had a great selection of both Chinese and western cuisine.

After breakfast, we rode the subway to the Beijing North Rail station to get the train to the Badaling station at the Great Wall. It was a packed ride of about one hour, but still very comfortable. Once there, we all left the train and walked up the hill to the wall. We bought our tickets and went up on the wall. It was amazing! Some parts were very steep and so we had a little workout, lol!

We stayed up on the wall until about 4pm and then went into the little tourist area for a late lunch at KFC. At 5:33pm, we took the train back to Beijing. Once at the Beijing rail station, we went to Yoshinoya for dinner.

We then headed over to see the Temple of Heaven. We read that it was open until 10pm, but when we got over there, it was completely dark. Oh well. It was open but without lights, what is the point of going inside. We would try again in the morning.

We rode the subway back to our hotel and went to sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.04s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb